Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dearborn Freeze or Fry, June 18, 2010

Freeze or Fry? I'd like to suggest a third option -- how about Melt? It was in the 90's today when we arrived, and we are thankful to have a couple of E-Z-up tents to help shield us from the afternoon sun. There's a little breeze, but the humidity must be up in the 90's too, because not one of us wants to move! As each of Lexy's events comes up, I take my wide-brimmed hat and get myself over to the bleachers to cheer her on, and then I get myself right back into the shade.

She had a great afternoon, finishing her 100 Free 2.2 seconds faster than her seed time and just a half second off the state qualifying time.

The big surprise of the evening, however, was watching Lexy swim the 200 IM. Last weekend, she had finished at 3:26.44, but today she finished at 3:20.14, 4 seconds below the qualifying time! She managed to shave more than 10 seconds in the last two meets. Way to go Lex!

No comments: